Sukanya Samriddhi Scheme 2015 Application Form
Introduction to Sukanya Samriddhi Scheme
Features of Sukanya Samriddhi Account
- The account can be opened in the name of the girl. The age of girl child should be less than ten years.
- After attaining 10 years of age, the girl can operate the account on its own, but the deposit have to made by parents/guardians.
- Deposits can be made till 14 years from the date of opening the account.
- Maturity period of the account is 21 years from the date of opening an account. But, if the marriage of the girl takes place before the maturity of the account, than the account will not be operated further.
- The rate of interest is 9.1% which is higher than the other government saving schemes. The interest rate is variable and will be decided by the government in each fiscal year.
- The interest will be compounded annually. The interest will be credited to the account at the end of each year.
- The account can be opened in the post office or in the banks authorized by Central Government.
- The minimum deposit to open the account is Rs. 1000. After that, the deposit can be made in multiples of 100. But, the minimum deposit to be made each year is Rs. 1000. If the deposit in a year is below Rs. 1000, the account will be considered irregular and will be terminated. To regularize the account, a penalty payment of Rs. 50 per year has to be made.
- The maximum amount to be deposited in the account should not exceed one lakh fifty thousand
- The payment in the Sukanya Samriddhi account can be made either by cash, demand draft or through cheque.
- After the girl attains 18 years, 50% of withdrawal is allowed for financial assistance in girl's higher education or marriage.
How to open the Sukanya Samriddhi account?
What are the documents required to open the Sukanya Samriddhi account?
- Birth certificate of the girl child .
- Identity proof of the parent/guardian(whoever is the depositor).
- Address proof of the depositor.