PUNJAB TET 2014 Syllabus, Paper Sets, Sample Papers
In accordance with the provisions of sub-section (1) of Section 23 of the Right of Children to Free and Compulsory Education (RTE) Act, 2009, the National Council for Teacher Education (NCTE) had vide Notification dated 23rd August, 2010 laid down the minimum qualifications for a person to be eligible for appointment as a teacher in classes I to VIII.
PUNJAB TET 2014 STRUCTURE AND CONTENT OF SYLLABUS
Paper I (for classes I to V) Primary Stage
- I. Child Development and Pedagogy: 30 Questions
- II. Language-I (Punjabi): 30 Questions
- III. Language- II (English): 30 Questions
The one of the essential qualifications for a person to be eligible for appointment as a teacher in any of the schools referred to in clause (n) of section 2 of the RTE Act is that he/ she should pass the Teacher Eligibility Test (TET) which will be conducted by the appropriate Government in accordance with the Guidelines framed by the NCTE.
The rationale for including the TET as a minimum qualification for a person to be eligible for appointment as a teacher is as under:
1. It would bring national standards and benchmark of teacher quality in the recruitment process
2. It would induce teacher education institutions and students from these institutions to further improve their performance standards
3. It would send a positive signal to all stakeholders that the Government lays special emphasis on teacher quality
The Department of School Education, Government of Punjab has entrusted the responsibility of conducting the Punjab State Teacher Eligibility Test (PSTET) to the SCERT, Punjab.