Sunday, April 14, 2013
MH Special B.Ed. 2013 Details, Online Application MKCL
B. Ed.-Special Education: Special Education means the education of Blind, Hearing Impaired, Mentally Retarded, Handicapped etc. This education is imparted in special schools or in schools for normal children or in schools for such children under ‘Samaveshit Shikshanantargat’. Education is given to the handicapped students as per their need in all schools.
As per the new approach, now such children are no more referred to as Handicapped children but they are referred to as “Children with Special Needs”. These children cannot be educated without teachers trained for Special Education. The colleges which impart training in Special Education of such children are known as ‘Colleges for Special Education ’. These colleges prepare teachers to teach variety of disabled children of various types. These colleges follow the syllabus and intake and admission norms of ‘Rehabilitation Council of India, (RCI)’, New Delhi. No individual can work in this field without the recognition of RCI. This field is generating a lot of new job opportunities for the Trained Graduates as follows :
1. Under the scheme ‘Rastriya Shiksha Mohim’, a special teacher is appointed at Taluka Level. The need for such a trained teacher may arise at the Central Level.
2. After completing this training course a teacher can work as a Resource Teacher in Integrated School units of normal children.
3. In the Integrated School Units, one teacher will be appointed for every three handicapped students in all the schools.
4. It is possible to work as a Special Teacher in the Special Schools in Maharashtra there are 69 schools for the Blinds, 387 for the Deaf, 649 for the Mentally Retarted / Slow learners, 238 for the handicapped. Thus overall 1343 Special Schools are in existance at present.
5. Apart from this, such a trained teacher may work as a teacher in Special Colleges D.Ed./B.Ed. Colleges.
6. Trained candidates can conduct Special Coaching Classes for the handicapped.
In addition to above a lot of opportunities for employment are available in CBR.
Note: -Candidates desiring to seek admission to B.Ed. Special Education are required to Tick Mark ( ) separately in the application form).