PET - (Ph.D. ENTRANCE TEST) - June 2012 RTMNU (Rashtrasant Tukdoji Maharaj Nagpur University) | Nagpur University P.E.T. June 2012 | Apply Online PET 2012 Nagpur University Ph.D.
RASHTRASANT TUKADOJI MAHARAJ NAGPUR UNIVERSITY, NAGPUR
Rules for conducting ONLINE Ph.D. Entrance Test (PET)
for admission to Degree of Doctor of Philosophy
More Info At : http://oasis.mkcl.org/nupet
WHEREAS, it is expedient to frame the rules on governing procedure of conduct of ONLINE Ph.D. Entrance Test (PET) for admission to Degree of Doctor of Philosophy to be conducted centrally by the Rashtrasant Tukadoji Maharaj Nagpur University, Nagpur and agency designated by Rashtrasant Tukadoji Maharaj Nagpur University, Nagpur. Hence the following rules are being brought into force as per the provision of Maharashtra Universities Act, 1994.
1) These rules may be called “Rules for conducting ONLINE Ph.D. PET for admission to Degree of Doctor of Philosophy.
2) These rules shall be applicable to the candidate appearing for PET for admission to Ph.D. Degree.
3) These rules shall come into force with immediate effect and shall be applicable from the session 2011-2012
(i) “University” means Rashtrasant Tukadoji Maharaj Nagpur University, Nagpur.
(ii) “PET” means Ph.D. Entrance Test to be conducted centrally by Rashtrasant Tukadoji Maharaj Nagpur University, Nagpur and agency designated by Rashtrasant Tukadoji Maharaj Nagpur University, Nagpur.
(iii) “Designated Agency” means the agency appointed by Rashtrasant Tukadoji Maharaj Nagpur University, Nagpur for conduct of PET.
(iv) “Candidate” means student appearing for PET.
(v) “Committee” means the committee constituted by the Hon’ble Vice-Chancellor for the purpose of conducting ONLINE PET for the admission to Ph.D. Degree from time to time.
(vi) “Question Bank Committee” means a committee of experts for the preparation of Question Bank suggested by Controller of Examination and approved by the Hon’ble Vice-Chancellor.
5) The PET shall be conducted by the University twice in the calendar year. The dates of examination shall be decided by the University.
6) The University shall be the authority for calling the application forms from the candidates desirous to appear for ONLINE PET for Admission to Ph.D. Degree.
7) All the application forms shall be filled only ONLINE on the website of Designated Agency and print outs of the forms alongwith certificates and prescribed fee in the form of Demand Draft drawn in favor of Registrar, Rashtrasant Tukadoji Maharaj Nagpur University, Nagpur payable at NAGPUR shall be received in the office of the Designated Agency. These forms shall be scrutinized by the Designated Agency and statement shall be prepared showing all the particulars of the applicants. Designated Agency shall publish list of all eligible candidates of Ph.D. Test along with Roll Numbers.
8) Designated Agency shall generated Roll Numbers and Admission Cards of the Candidates.
9) Designated Agency shall provide only ONLINE admission cards to all candidates within the prescribed period.
10) Designed agency shall make the questions available ONLINE at random from the question bank to the candidates at the PET center.
11) The examination shall consist of one paper of 90 minutes duration based on General Research Aptitude Carrying 100 marks and containing 100 multiple choice question based on Analytical Reasoning, Numerical Ability and Language competency/ computer Environment/ Logical Reasoning and data interpretation i.e. General Research Aptitude or equivalent standards as per UGC guidelines for Ph.D.
12) The question bank committee shall submit 10 times more question of the question paper (Analytical Reasoning, Numerical Ability and Language competency/ computer Environment/ Logical Reasoning and data interpretation i.e. General Research Aptitude) for development of Question Bank. The Question Bank submitted to Designated Agency for ONLINE test after Moderation by the committee constituted for the purpose.
13) The Entrance Test shall be ONLINE and shall be conducted at the examination centers proposed by PET committee and approved by the Hon’bal Vice-Chancellor. If required the ONLINE examination shall be taken in batches as per the schedule prescribed by the University.
14) PET Examination committee shall make available sufficient computer with networking and internet facility for ONLINE examination.
15) Controller of Examinations shall submit a list of Supervisors for approval of the Hon’bal Vice-Chancellor.
16) The supervisors shall be supervising the smooth conduct of examination. There shall be one supervisor for every batch of 25 students or part there of.
17) The Valuation shall be done by software developed by Design Agency.
18) The valuation of answer shall not be made by negative marking system
19) The candidate shall be declared successful if he/she secures minimum 50 % of marks in the PET. (Relaxation of 5 % being admissible to the candidates belonging to backward categories)
20) PET being one of the eligibility criteria for Ph.D. registration, the declaration of the candidate to be successful in PET shall not guarantee his/her registration.
21) The PET shall be based upon multiple choice questions and shall be conducted in English and Marathi medium.
22) Chairman and other Committee members of PET Examination Committee and other required ministerial staff shall be paid remuneration as may be decided by the University from time to time.
23) The list of marks obtained shall be certified by Designated Agency and shall be submitted to Chairman, PET Examination Committee.
24) No person other than the examinees, supervisors, members of the PET Examination Committee and a person authorized in that behalf by the chairman, PET Examination committee shall be permitted to enter the examination center(s).
25) The candidates shall be required to pay examination fee of Rs. 800/- ( for candidates belonging to reserved Categories recognized in the state of Maharashtra Rs. 600/-) Along with the application form by Demand draft drawn in favor of Registrar, Rashtrasant Tukdoji Maharaj Nagpur University, Nagpur..
26) In case of any grievance of any candidate with respect to the conduct of PET. The PET Examination Committee shall be the competent authority to decide the dispute.