Saturday, November 8, 2014
Nagpur Mihan Sez 2015 Details Projects Companies
Multi-Model International Passenger and Cargo Hub Airport at Nagpur’ (MIHAN). The project comprises of developing the existing domestic airport of Nagpur as an international passenger and cargo hub airport, along with a huge Special Economic Zone (SEZ), which is abutting to the boundary of the airport.
SEZ (Special Economic Zone) Details 2015 :
Just abutting to the boundary of this airport, MADC is developing a huge SEZ on an area of more than 2,000 Hectares, which is supposed to house various export oriented units like I.T. industries, gems and jewellery, garments, electronic goods, pharmaceuticals, processed foods and any other type of industries. It is proposed to have a huge road terminal having facilities for parking of about 900 trucks at a time, huge warehouse, open stockyard, cold storage, etc. and by the side of this road terminal, there is a proposed rail terminal capable of handling 2 trains at a time. Thus, MIHAN is a composite project of airport, road terminal, rail terminal, SEZ and various other allied services like housing, health city, international school and many more.
Special Economic Zone - Infrastructure Details
- Network of 6, 4, 3 and 2 lane roads.
- State-of-Art Telecommunication network
- Dual water (Domestic and Non-domestic) supply system with capacity of 100mld
- Sewage and storm water drainage system
- 246MW Power plant with 25MW Diesel backup
- Entertainment facilities – Multiplex, Golf course, Flying club etc.
- Residential facilities for employees working in MIHAN complex.
- Convention and Exhibition Centre, Value Added Commercial Services Complex.
- Total Project Cost – Rs. 2,581 Crores (as per 2002 rates).
- Total investment will be about Rs. 20,000 Crores in next five years.
- Employment generated in MIHAN Project is estimated at about 1, 20,000 direct jobs by year 2020 in MIHAN area.
- Indirect employment between 2, 40,000 to 3, 60,000 over next 10 years.
Completed infrastructure works by MADC in MIHAN :
Roads, Water Supply Scheme, Electrical Transmission and Distribution System, Sewage Disposal System, Telecom cabling, Fire Station, Central Facility Building and other related services. The project of Power Plant is already commissioned by AMNEPL., a Joint Venture Company. MERC has approved distribution licence of MADC. The tarrif petition with MERC I s likely to be cleared within two months and power supply will start. Expenditure incurred on infrastructure to the tune of Rs. 800 crores and Rs. 300 crore for the acquisition of land admeasuring about 2865 hectors. Approx. Rs. 1400 Crores spent on the construction and erection of Power Plant for Mihan Project.
Labels: News 2015